What are your systems?

In the face of hardship, when you are going through a difficult time, what/who would you turn to?

Do you have a support system that you can turn to when you are going through a difficult time?
Do you have a set of coping skills when you are distressed?


For example, some people set up a multi-level support system and coping skills, they will take an action base on the level of the situation and respond accordingly. For instance:

My system (Sample)
First -level - When I encounter a small problem (anxious and upset), I can regulate myself by writing it down on a journal. If I can manage it, I will try to use a solution-focused approach.

Second Level: When I encounter a bigger problem (slightly anxious and upset), you talk to your family member + have a long walk to regulate myself and process it. At this stage, I usually will use emotion-focused coping and solution-focused coping.

Third level: When I face a big problem (overwhelmed), I will talk to my friend + jogging + talk to a therapist + talk to my family + cooking + meditating + singing +, etc. At this stage, I usually will use emotion-focused coping and solution-focused coping.

Problem be can looked at from long term and short term, it is categorized as: can be solved and can't be solved, emotion-focused coping and solution-focused coping. In my opinion, the size of the problem is relative to how the person perceives and the effect of the problem has on the person (emotionally, psychologically, and its impact on life). Some people view the problem as stress in the context of the fight, flight, freeze response. Hence, various resources (friends, family, coping skills) are needed to support the person in the face of various problems. In a realistic sense, we face various problems at the same time on a daily basis. There is a level of threshold and tolerance for that.

What are your systems?
What is your thought on this?



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

焦虑与恐惧

Our relationship with our emotion and ourselves

Window