Anxiousness and Fear

Be gentle and kind toward yourself during MCO

In the face of anxiety and fear
It is normal to feel helpless
Worrying, what would be next?
What should I do next?
When will it end?
I worried about the money.
The thought starts to ruminate.

It is normal and common for us to experience this.
Getting impatient toward everything.

I can feel that the anxiousness and fear,
They are trying to tell me,
They wish that I act on it,
I watch them come and go,
I don’t react.
I re-focus on what I can do.
I cook.
I clean my room.
I clean my own personal space.

I lay my foot on the ground,
Feel the texture of the floor,
I take a deep breath,
Feeling my lung, filling with the oxygen,
Breath in and breath out,
Feeling the cell absorbing the oxygen,
I feel grounded.
Sometimes, I feel alright,
At times, I don’t feel so good.
Sometimes, It is hard to focus.
And it is ok.

I decided to learn some new dishes,
I decided to learn how to record for TikTok.

When I am tired, I rest.
When I feel overwhelmed, I stopped and listen to my body.



I tried to talk to my friends and family members,
We are in this together.

After MCO,
Our life changed.
We are adjusting,
Our kids, parents, relatives, workers, teachers,
We are in this together,
It is tough,
Allow yourself,
To be in a bad mood,
Allow yourself,
To be anxious,
Don’t judge yourself,
For feeling impatient,
Be gentle to yourself,
Give yourself time to adjust,
Be kind to yourself.

Bless you and bless me.

<3

Ng Jun Kiat (J.K)
Registered Counsellor

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

焦虑与恐惧

Our relationship with our emotion and ourselves

Window