My Story

Hi, I am Jun Kiat, a registered counselor and counseling psychologist.

I have 15 years of experience working with kids, teen and working adults. It has always been my passion to help and to counsel.

I strongly believe in counseling as a way to help with one's well-being. As a trauma survivor and domestic violence survivor myself, I believe in advocating for kids’ and teens’ voices. Being a client for years, the experience has helped me to relate better with my clients in order to accompany them along the journey of healing or the journey of self-discovery.

I believe in holistic well-being. Work, life, mental health, food, shelter, art, music, coping skills, friends, family, etc are part of life and they can impact our lives in different ways.I am endeavored to help clients to find the balance, meet my clients at where they are and help them to walk the journey together. In the session, My goal as a counselor is to create a safe, nonjudgmental, and kind atmosphere, in order to build a trusting relationship with my client. I apply a collaborative approach and work together with my client throughout the journey of counseling, self-discovery, and healing.

Quote :

"People are just as wonderful as sunsets if you let them be. When I look at a sunset, I don't find myself saying, "Soften the orange a bit on the right-hand corner." I don't try to control a sunset. I watch with awe as it unfolds." Carl R. Rogers

“In my early professional years, I was asking the question: How can I treat, or cure, or change this person? Now I would phrase the question in this way: How can I provide a relationship which this person may use for his own personal growth?”
― Carl R. Rogers

I believe in a client-centered approach as a way to better serve my clients to help them to reach one's potential. Hence, I resonate strongly with this quote.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

焦虑与恐惧

Our relationship with our emotion and ourselves

Window